#DWC! – Don’t Wait Communicate.
The ten current most popular hashtags on Instagram are:
#love, #instagood, #photooftheday, #fashion, #beautiful, #happy, #cute, #tbt, #like4like, #followme.
Each one potentially triggering an emotional urge to click on it to bring people ever more together through cyberspace relationship building.
To also help save on space and also share one’s particular thoughts or sentiments – acronyms are used in lieu of several words…
5 of the more popular hashtag acronyms are:
- TMI – Too much information.
- WBU – What about you?
- WBW – Way back Wednesday. Follows the same theme as FBF and TBT.
- WFH – Work from home.
- YOLO – You only live once.
And there are acronyms used to support that a photo or post reply in an effort to get straight to a point. Like the following:
- DM me. – Send me a direct message as the whole world does not need to know!
- ELI5 please. – Explain to me like I am 5 years old please? Or KISS please? Keep it simple and (succinct)!
- ICYMI – In case you missed it – (so as not to be presumptuous that you didn’t) here is what happened… (again)!
- CTO – Check this out!!! How cool is this?
- LB – Like back. As in a request to like back!!! This is sometimes used to try to get people to get more “hits” to feed into algorithms to get more organic exposure for “search engine optimization” – SEO!! Sometime considered a bit “arrogant” but it seems to work in some circles!
One could go on and on…
I just wanted to maybe bring up another acronym and possibly even a hashtag that could do wonders to relationships of any and all kinds – be it virtual or real, online or in person!
It’s one we have recently adopted within our own little internal CULTURE here at TEAM PERKA. No, it’s not Dance (or Drink) With Canadians…
We use it as a constant reminder of the invaluable importance of COMMUNICATION! Not only good, clear, concise and fully transparent communication but also the sharing of information or knowledge that can be time critical… as in DON’T WAIT!! COMMUNICATE! Whether it’s great news – or not so great news – it generally serves BEST when it is delivered as soon as it is known. The adage of “what you don’t know won’t hurt you” is generally VERY short lived and will typically “hurt” more when discovered later!
So whether it’s about the timing of deliveries of your building product or services, or the what, how, who, or why of a certain decision, choice or change that can affect client, teammate or stakeholder – a practice of as immediate as possible communicating is fostered, encouraged and entrained so that it becomes habit and the general method of operation!
Learn more about how our building designs can help you with a most stress-free building experience using timely, concise and clear communication. #DWC We’ll even send you free information.