We were having a team chat the other day and we were reflecting on how we have been quite successful in being able to deliver SAFE buildings for over 38 years. As some of you know, when we say “SAFE Building” our team at PERKA means it in the sense of an “acronym”
- S– trong Durable and able to withstand the growing challenges from Mother Nature
- A– fordable It gives value for the hard-earned money invested as an asset and not a liability
- F – lexible Able to adapt to any changes in buildings use, purpose or owners
- E-asy Simple to “own” and build for use, to insulate, maintain and modify if needed
As we talked about these various attributes of our buildings, we agreed these features and benefits have been critical to our success, are still relevant to our customers and prove valuable every day. As the conversation continued on how to highlight these customer benefits, our discussion drifted some to discuss possible areas we could highlight for additional customer benefits. We were chatting about some of the events that our buildings have actually withstood over the last 38 years.
Over the past few years, there has been so much reporting in the news about the increase in the volatility, tendencies and turbulence of our weather. It feels like there have been more floods from excessive rain and snow; the snowstorms appear to be leaving behind more snow, quicker and more frequently; the tornado winds have picked up, seem to be increasing in frequency and in size; so too the hurricanes seem to be appearing in greater number and even stronger; and the fires seem to be growing in size and ferocity.
We realized as real as these natural disasters are to our cities and affecting more and more people, we have had PERKA buildings face these disasters too. It was this observation that made us realize our building are not just SAFE, but they are SAFER in certain ways too. Our buildings have come through these situations ready to face a new day, which made us truly believe that with PERKA, you are getting a SAFER solution.
- S – trong Resisting these newer more frequent events that can challenge our homes, schools, businesses, places of worship and anything that we protect our assets with.
- A – fordable Preventing everything being totally lost and not requiring total replacement or rebuilding
- F – lexible Repairing, remodeling and even the re-use opportunities can be easily designed with the PERKA HYBRID SYSTEM in the aftermath of a disaster
- E -asy Dealing with the repercussions of destruction if there are more salvage options or possibilities
- R – ESILIENT Resisting and the rest experiencing only minimal damage and with any damage if there is any, the repair process will be quicker, less costly on both the customer and the insurance company and simpler in terms of solutions to get the building back with full use value
So, going forward we believe we are going to hear more about the PERKA building system which is SAFER to all concerned. We want everyone to understand in addition to everything our buildings have been they are RESILIENT too.