Meet Our FounderBorn in 1936 to an "old school", extremely hard working dad and a shrewd but very loving mom, Ed Thevenot quickly knew he wanted to be a "business man". Since his first sale of 2 packets of garden seeds at 12 years old, he specialized in sales and marketing. In 1960 he picked up Napoleon Hill’s "Think and Grow Rich" book and successfully promoted all kinds of products: from pots and pans, to computer courses, to recreational vehicles, to building materials. With his entrepreneurial fire burning, he jumped into the building industry in 1971, promoting and marketing pre-engineered Quonsets in the Province of Quebec. Within a few short years, his dynamic personality, hard driving work ethic, and unswerving dedication to his men, led him to a Vice-President of Marketing position for the head office of the Miracle Span group of companies. In 1980, he decided he was a better entrepreneur than employee, and created his own line of buildings - the cutting edge, hybrid design of Perka (Wood and Steel) Buildings. In 1995, he was frustrated with inadequate insulating materials as he tried to construct more energy efficient buildings. So in response, "ET" created P2000 Insulation Systems and offers P2000TM insulation for Perka Buildings. He went through several manufacturers looking for the right formula of high-quality product, dedicated service and a creative, entrepreneurial spirit to match his own. Despite occasional thoughts of retirement, he just could not quit, and ET found his winning formula. ET is the brain child behind the marketing engines that have maintained steady sales, in both buildings and insulation, for almost 40 years. His experience, fearless risk taking, and "work horse" habits helped him foresee market trends that enabled his team to respond quickly with assurance and success. Unfortunately ET is no longer with us, but he has left behind an experienced, skilled, highly energized and passionately dedicated team. We have the beginnings of a great plan and an important purpose, that is all but guaranteed to succeed. If you are hearing or reading this you may CONSIDER BEING PART OF THAT TEAM.
Martial Thevenot Head Steward (CEO)
Past Post Archive
- STAYING ON THE EDGE - FUTURE BUILDINGS IN A FUTURE RESOURCE BASED ECONOMY?
- Growing trend to Hybrid Steel And Wood Homes
- Pole Barn Comparison with Perka Hybrid Open Joist Building Models
- Are you thinking of a farm Quonset Building or a Staightwall?
- Wood vs Steel = No Brainer
- How does Team Perka view quality?
- How about another 7?? (Good reasons to build a Perka?)
- 7 More Great reasons to help you BUILD STRONG!
- WHY A PREFAB PERKA HYBRID WOOD STEEL BUILDING?
- Pole Barn collapse... Educate yourself before you buy all wood!
- What is so different about Perka Buildings?
- Who exactly is a Perka Team Mate?
- More time/money VALUE ADDED benefits with Perka Prefab Wood Steel Hybrid Buildings
- Perka Buildings builds VALUE through education, product quality and dedication to Service!
- PERKA’S HYBRID BUILDING DESIGN OFFERS VALUE BENEFITS AND REAL MONEY SAVINGS
- One insulation application - three heat transfers addressed - YOU $AVE!